Team Member Commitment
- Participate in all team meetings (including debriefing)
- Actively participate in all curriculum material/pre-meeting assignments
- Communicate with Team Leaders in a timely manner
- Submit paperwork & documents in a timely manner
- Obtain medical requirements in a timely manner
- Fundraise the assigned portion of trip cost
- Abide by ACU Student Handbook & Policies and all missions policies
Team Member Application/Registration Process
- Step 1: Complete the Trip Application
- Follow instructions provided. Some Trip Leaders may request additional documentation, references, or an interview.
- If you are accepted, confirm with your Trip Leader that you will commit, then move on to Step 2.
- Step 2: Complete the ACU Trip Registration form
- Step 3: Make a personal donation (non-refundable)
- $100 initial trip donation made by you or a family member by the registration deadline.
- Payment by cash or check. Bring to room 283 in the upper level of the bible building. Checks payable to ACU Missions. Keep the memo line blank.
- Step 4: Submit Documentation
- Upload a passport copy to Canvas for all trips outside of the US. If you do not have a passport copy, you are still expected to apply for a passport by the registration deadline, and confirm on Canvas
- Complete any host ministry documents and submit on Canvas
- **You are not officially registered with a confirmed spot on the trip until you complete Steps 1-4
- Later: Update Information
- If any of your information changes between the time you register and the time of your trip (or is left blank during registration), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Member Guidebook Click here to view and download.
Cost & Fundraising
- How much do the trips cost?
- The average trip cost is about $2,000 per person
- Am I responsible for the entire trip cost?
- You are responsible for fundraising the trip cost, and many students even raise above their individual amount! Extra funds can always be valuable to your team.
- How does fundraising work?
- We’ll walk you through our fundraising process. Our program can provide letters to send out through ACU, and the funds will be collected through ACU. This process begins shortly after you come together as a team.
- What happens if I decide to not go on the trip after I have completed the registration?
- We take trip commitment very seriously, and we hope you do too. If you have concerns about the trip or issues fundraising, we encourage you to come talk to our staff. If you drop out of the trip, all funds stay with the team. Depending on timing, you may be responsible for any fees that result from airline tickets or other items.
- What does it mean to be a part of a Global Service Trip?
- Please read the Team Member Commitment listed above.
- What is required to go on the trip?
- You are expected to obtain any medical vaccinations or meds required by the host country.
- You will need to obtain (or apply for) a passport by the registration deadline.
- There may be additional requirements from your Team Leader, depending on the trip.
- Who needs a passport?
- Anyone who plans on traveling outside the United States or country of citizenship. Keep in mind that many countries may require you to have a passport valid at least 6 months after your trip return date.
- When do I need to apply for a Passport?
- APPLY NOW! The processing time for routine service is 4-6 weeks, assuming nothing is delayed. Expedited service is 2-3 weeks with a $60 fee.
- How much is a passport?
- Are passport fees included in my total trip cost?
- Passport fees are not included. This will be your responsibility in addition to your individual fundraising goal.
- What do I need to apply for my Passport?
- Proof of Citizenship: Previous U.S. passport, certified birth certificate (not a photo copy), or Certificate of Naturalization
- Proof of Identity: driver’s license, state ID card or military ID. Temporary or altered documents not accepted.
- Two color photos: 2x2 image of head (with specific regulations)
- The required two official passport photos can be done at the Abilene Main Post Office or Walgreens.
- Where do I submit my paperwork?
- We recommend applying for your passport in Abilene, as it may be much quicker than a large city. If you will apply in your hometown, visit the link to find the Passport Acceptance Facilities closest to your current location: http://iafdb.travel.state.gov.
- Abilene Main Post Office, 341 Pine St. (Hours are by appointment only. Call 325-738-2102 or 325-738-2135)
- What do I need to do if I am less than one month away from leaving for my trip and I have not received my passport?
- What if I get married or change my name?
- If you have a change of name, please ensure that all paperwork and documents (ie. flight ticket name) match up perfectly with the official full name listed on the passport you will be using for the trip. *Please do not apply for a new passport with your new name before the trip unless you have completed paperwork with your new name. Wait until after the trip to renew your passport.
- I still have more questions regarding my passport application. Where can I go?