Advanced Practice Nurse
Executive Nursing Leadership
Credit Hours: 39
Minimum Program Length: 26 months
NURS 703 Informatics to Improve Patient Outcomes
NURS 723 Foundations of Integrative Care
NURS 712 Epidemiology and Population Health
NURS 716 Healthcare Finance and Clinical Practice
School of Nursing
Upcoming Start Dates
March 10, 2020
May 5, 2020
DNP Program Outcomes
- Integrate nursing science with knowledge from ethics, biophysical, psychosocial, analytical and organizational sciences to enhance health and alleviate or ameliorate illness.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate care delivery approaches based on scientific findings in nursing and other clinical sciences, as well as organizational, political, and economic sciences that meet current and future needs of patient populations.
- Design and implement processes to evaluate outcomes of practice, practice patterns, and systems of care within a practice setting, health care organization or community in order to promote safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient- centered care.
- Use information systems/technology resources to implement quality improvement to support practice and administrative decision-making.
- Demonstrates leadership to proactively develop, implement and evaluate at all levels, health policies that are just, ethical, and equitable.
- Employ consultative and leadership skills in intra- and inter-professional teams in order to create excellence in all types of health care delivery systems.
- Demonstrate leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating delivery models and/or strategies, using concepts related to community, environment, and occupation health and cultural and socioeconomic dimensions of health.
- Demonstrate advanced levels of clinical judgment, systems thinking and accountability as an advance practice nurse in designing, delivering, and evaluating evidence based care to achieve positive outcomes to individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Continue professional development throughout own career, while supporting colleagues in their professional journey.
- Integrate insight about their own calling with their ability to influence the health care delivery system in order to promote social justice, equity, and ethical policies within all healthcare, by (a) articulating the rich tradition of literature and practice in Christian vocation; (b) reflecting upon the concept of vocation in their own leadership development; and (c) applying new understanding of vocation in their organizational contexts.
- Application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee
- Master’s in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing (NLNAC, CCNE)
- Official transcripts from the accredited colleges or universities that awarded the baccalaureate and masters degrees to the applicant sent in a registrar's sealed and stamped/signed envelope or official electronic transcripts
- Minimum graduate nursing cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two professional recommendation letters that attest to the applicant's academic abilities, character, and professional abilities
- A 500-word purpose statement outlining the applicant's interest in the Doctor of Nursing Practice and their intended scholarly project topic (written in APA format).
ssional CV or resume
- Proof of unencumbered registered nurse and/or advanc
ed practice nursing licensure and certification in the United States.
See full ACU online graduate catalog, including admission requirements here.
For a comprehensive list of admission requirements for our Doctor of Nursing Practice online program, please contact a Graduate Advisor.
- The DNP Role
- Informatics to Improve Patient Care
- Applied Statistics and Research
- Epidemiology and Population Health
- Population Health & Management of Chronic Disease (DNP-APN/DNP-ENL) or Theories and Practices of Effective Leadership (DNP-ENL)
- Genomic Implications in Advanced Practice (DNP-APN) or Human Resources Development
- Health Care Finance and Clinical Practice
- Foundations of Integrative Care (DNP-APN) or Leadership in Diverse Contexts (DNP-ENL)
- Healthcare Policy
- Organizational & Systems Leadership
- Healthcare Reform: Current Issues Affecting Nursing Practice