A student is placed on academic suspension for the following reason(s):
- A student’s overall GPA is below 1.0, or
- A student was on academic probation in the previous semester and has an overall GPA below 2.0, or
- A student was on academic probation in the previous semester and has a term GPA below 2.0.
ACU policy states that suspended students will not be allowed to enroll for at least one long semester. Thus, a student on academic suspension for the fall 2021 semester may apply for readmission to ACU for the spring 2022 semester.
Appealing Academic Suspension
If you believe that extenuating circumstances contributed to your academic suspension, you may wish to appeal your suspension and in order to do so your appeal must be received by the deadline below:
In order to appeal your academic suspension, you must follow the process below:
- All appeals must be in writing and must be received in the Registrar’s Office by 8:00 a.m., on the deadline date listed above. If your appeal is not received by that deadline, your classes will be dropped and you will not be eligible to enroll in the upcoming semester.
- Appeals must include a statement regarding the (a) circumstances contributing to your academic situation and any documentation of those circumstances, (b) steps you have already taken to address these issues, and (c) a suggested plan of action for raising your GPA.
- Send appeals by email to email@example.com, by fax to 325-674-2238, or by mail to Registrar, ACU Box 29141, Abilene, TX 79699. Again, appeals will not be accepted after 8:00 a.m., on the deadline date listed above.
- The Suspension Appeals Committee will review all appeals submitted by the deadline and you will be notified of the Committee’s decision no later than two weeks after the deadline date listed above via your ACU email address. The decision of the Committee is final and may not be appealed.
If your appeal is denied or you do not wish to appeal, classes for which you are registered will be dropped.
While suspended, the University Readmission Committee strongly recommends that you take a full-time (12 hour or more) academic load at another institution and achieve a 2.5 GPA on those hours. Failure to take classes away from ACU will likely result in being denied readmission when you apply. You should consult with your ACU academic advisor regarding appropriate course choices. If the institution which you decide to attend has a policy about not admitting suspended students from other universities, you should provide a copy of this policy and ask if you can enroll as a transient student for one semester. Please contact the Registrar’s Office if you have any questions or concerns about this issue.