International Undergraduate Admission Process
For Intensive English, Freshman, and Transfer Students
We're excited that you are interested in attending ACU, and we would like to give you more information about the application process. In general, as an international student seeking admission to ACU's undergraduate program, you should apply with the Office of Admissions at least six months before the date you wish to begin classes.
We have created an outline of the admission process in order to help you successfully navigate the required steps. Once you complete the following steps and we receive all required items, your application will be reviewed for admission.
- Complete an Application for admission
- Please ensure that the entire application is completed and that all information is accurate, including all contact information.
- Submit a $50 application fee
2) Proof of English Proficiency
To meet this requirement, please submit one of the following in order to demonstrate English language proficiency:
- **Students who do not meet the minimum requirement may be individually considered for admission through a comprehensive review process, and may be required to take remedial English courses in order to further improve English language proficiency.
- All international students must submit documented proof of English proficiency, unless they meet one of the following criteria:
- student is a citizen of an English proficiency-exempt country
- student has completed 2 consecutive years at a U.S. high school
- student is transferring in 24 or more hours from an accredited U.S. university
- Requirement of additional proficiency exam(s) will be at the discretion of the university.
3) Academic Transcripts and Records
- Official high school/secondary school transcripts, a secondary school diploma or leaving certificate and examination results are required from all international first-year and transfer students.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted in order to complete your admission file. However, final enrollment is contingent upon receipt of official transcripts
- All documents should be submitted in the original language. All documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by an official, literal, English translation.
- Send all official high school and college transcripts to the Office of Admissions
- ACU Box 29000, Abilene, TX 79699-9000.