Complete an online application (includes essay and application fee).
Please ensure that every question is completed, so that we may process your application in a timely manner. Also, please ensure that the name on your application matches the name on your transcripts and, where possible, the name on your passport. It is imperative that we have your current email address at all times, and that Abilene Christian University is indicated as an eligible sender to the account.
2) Bachelor's Degree
Complete a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or comparable non-U.S. university (see specific department for any additions or exceptions)
3) GPA Requirements
- A cumulative undergraduate approximately B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA
- Departmental requirements as stated for each department.
Additional requirements for international students:
4) English Language Proficiency
Provide official documentation of English language proficiency by one of the following:
- Submit an official test score from an English language proficiency test accepted by ACU. Official test scores should be sent directly from the testing entity. ACU’s test code is 6001. Accepted English language proficiency tests are: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language System (IELTS), EIKEN, Pearson Test of English (PTE-Academic), and CAE.
- Students who have a conferred bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited US institution
- Students who received a bachelor’s degree or higher in which English was the primary language of instruction
5) Financial Information
Every international student seeking an international student visa from the U.S. government must submit to the university a bank statement that is no more than six months old at the time you would start attending ACU. It should show sufficient funds to cover the estimated cost of studying at ACU for one academic year (nine months) and a letter from the owner of the bank account stating that the funds will be used to support the applicant. If you would like to use the Affidavit of Support form, click here.
Click here to view the Required Financial Documents for international students.
Learn more about the estimated expenses for the graduate program.
6) Passport Copy
After you submit qualified financial information, we will send you an admissions package that includes a certificate of admission and an immigration document called an I-20. You will need these documents to make an appointment with the U.S. consulate or embassy in your country to apply for a student visa to study at ACU. To ensure all information in your I-20 is correct, we require a copy of your passport before sending your documents.
Beyond these standards, each department has its own academic requirements. Be sure you have checked the specific admissions requirements for your program of choice.
Click on your program of interest for the program-specific admissions requirements.