The CHARIS website features posts on a variety of topics of interest to church leaders, Christian educators, and Christians. Just a few of the themes explored within the Church section are spiritual formation, small church ministry, theological reflection, leadership, ministry teams, and shepherding.
The Church section features multiple new posts every week, so we hope you’ll check back often.
Featured CHARIS Blogs
- Seasons: A Time for All Things by Glenn Pemberton
- Phronesis: Leaning into Jesus Wisdom by Carson E. Reed
Featured CHARIS Posts
- One Thing the Church Needs to Know about Millennials (and Every Other Generation) by Chris Benjamin
- Dispatch from the Contemplative Ministers' Initiative by Eric Gentry
- Life Leaves a Mark by Rhesa Higgins
- An Invitation for Children to Participate in Worship by Lauren Rutland Hightower
- Confessions from the Wilderness by Amy McLaughlin-Sheasby
- Can You See Me Now? Women, Service, and the Small Church by Shannon Rains
- Social Media to Sanctuary: Moving the Conversation to the Pews by Kaitlin Shetler
- Gospel in the Key of G: Keeping Jesus's Glorification at the Center by Justin Simmons
- Listen, Read, Act on Contemporary Issues Like Immigration by Greg Taylor
- How to Keep Your Rural Minister through the Harvest by Jim Weaver
The CHARIS site as a whole is supported by the ACU Library and the Center for Heritage and Renewal in Spirituality; the Church portion is managed by the Siburt Institute. Its purpose is to train disciples of Jesus Christ for God’s Kingdom by witnessing to God’s gracious gifts (Greek: “charis”) among the Churches of Christ, both past and present.