Circulation and Book Checkout
- All circulating books are available for checkout. When returned, books will be quarantined for 24 hours. If you need a book that is in quarantine, you can check it out at your own risk.
(materials from libraries outside of Abilene)
- Both articles and physical books are available to request
- All ILL Policies are as normal, including Overdue policies and Interlibrary Loan Probation (Please see the Interlibrary Loan Libguide for more information).
- Due to shipping delays, wait times may be longer than normal, especially for physical books. Please allow up to a month for physical books to arrive.
- Service provided online until further announcements.
- Desk - This fall, our front desk will be staffed with one student Media Assistant during all the same hours as the library, starting at 8am (of course weekends are different).
- Spaces - Patrons may reserve a space as usual - online, over the phone, or in person. Time slots are limited to 45-minutes per person, per day. Patrons may enter the room at the hour mark, and must be cleared out by a quarter 'till the hour. So the last 15 minutes of every hour are set aside to aerate and disinfect the rooms. My student workers are managing that on their own for now, so they're quite occupied.
- Gear - Our checkout pool is open for academic use. Much of our gear cannot be properly disinfected, so to keep the gear safe, it will have a 48-hour waiting period before it can be put back on the shelf.
- Open by reservation only. Click here to make a reservation.
- Both computer labs are currently open with a limited number of available computers and socially distanced seating.