March 17, 2020 - Important information about work environment
Dear Abilene Campus Faculty and Staff,
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we continue to walk through unprecedented territory. We know our move to an online-only teaching environment has raised questions for what this means for you, so we want to communicate specifically with you about staff expectations over the next few weeks. We want to embrace a remote working environment, where possible, while still ensuring we provide necessary support to the university.
Our Senior Leadership Team has met extensively over the last few weeks to make decisions we never imagined we would have to make. Our conversation this morning centered on each of you and the important roles you have within our university. We recognize many of you are concerned about the health and well-being of yourself and your family, and ACU leaders care deeply for you as well. We know your obligations for family care may also have changed.
The SLT has identified three levels of responsibility for ACU staff during this temporary period, based on whether their work needs to be conducted:
- In person on campus
- In a partially remote and partially in-person environment
- In a remote environment (See this page for more details about working remotely)
This link will let you know which level applies to your particular area. Your dean, supervisor or department chair/director will communicate with you about your individual role in the next 24 hours, if they have not already done so.
We also offer the following tips:
- If you do not have the technology to work from home, please talk with your supervisor.
- If your role involves phone meetings or conversations with others, please be aware of background noise in your location. It is important that we remain professional even though our work environment may be online.
- Your supervisor will communicate expectations to you while working remotely.
We are committed to the health and well-being of everyone in the ACU community. Please take all precautions to stay well and adhere to health guidelines being communicated by reliable news sources.
Thank you for all you do for ACU! We look forward to the day we can all come back together and celebrate a return to our normal activities. In the meantime, we pray for the continued good health of yourself and your family, and for those most impacted by this global crisis.