Student Refund

How do I request my refund?

To request your refund or designate it as a charitable gift, please go to the COVID-19 Student Refund page then click on “Contracts & Applications” then click “COVID-19 Student Refund Form (Spring 2020)”. All students must request their refund or designate it as a charitable gift by April 15, 2020.

If you do not designate your refund(s) as a charitable gift by this date, it will be automatically refunded to your student account (for meal plans) and to your Fall 2020 financial aid package (for housing).  

If you did not live in a residence hall or have a meal plan beyond Bean Bucks, you will not be able to donate your refund to the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund.

Will I receive a refund of tuition?

ACU moved all classes online for the duration of the Spring 2020 semester to continue to provide an education to students in the safest possible manner. Because all enrolled students will remain enrolled and receive credit as they meet the requirements for their courses, tuition will not be refunded.

Will my room and board be prorated?

If you moved out of a residence hall or were unable to return after Spring Break, you will receive 40 percent of your spring housing fee in the form of a scholarship applied to the Fall 2020 semester at ACU. All students with a meal plan will have 40 percent of their meal plan fee (minus your original Bean Bucks balance) credited to their student account this semester. All students with Bean Bucks will have their remaining Bean Bucks account balance converted to Campus Cash.

How do I calculate my refund?

If you are a student or an authorized user, you can calculate your refund by logging into the Wildcat Pay Portal. By reviewing your Spring 2020 bill details, you can estimate your refund by taking 40 percent of the expense for your residence hall and 40 percent of your meal plan (minus your original Bean Bucks balance). Your remaining Bean Bucks balance will be converted to Campus Cash. 

  • Your meal plan will be credited to your student account by May 1, 2020.
  • Your residence hall refund will be given as a scholarship for the fall semester.
  • Your remaining Bean Bucks Balance will be converted to Campus Cash this semester.

Can I still give to the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund without donating my refund? 

Anyone who wants to give to the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund is welcome to do so. You do not have to donate your refund(s) to participate. All students, parents, employees, alumni and friends are invited to give. 

How will this affect me if I have an account balance?

If you have an account balance, you will not be able to donate your refund(s) as a charitable gift. Any refunds credited to your account this semester will first be applied to your balance. If any credit remains after your refund is applied to your balance, you will be eligible to receive those funds as a check or ACH payment directly to your bank account. This will not affect your housing refund, which will be given in the form of a Fall 2020 scholarship. 

What is the university doing for students who were recalled from ACU-sponsored Study Abroad programs this semester?

Students whose experience in those programs was affected will receive information regarding expenses directly from the ACU Study Abroad office. If you have questions regarding your expenses, please call 325-674-2754.

Are tuition payment due dates still the same, or will the due dates be extended?

At this time, payment dates will remain the same. If you are unable to pay your bill or have questions about it, please call 800-460-6228.

How do I view my bill?

Students and authorized users may view their bill by logging into the Wildcat Pay Portal.

Will students who continue to live on campus receive a refund?

Students who continue to live on campus will not be eligible for a refund of their housing or meal plan fees. Bean Bucks balances for students currently living on campus will be converted to Campus Cash. 

What if I need more assistance?

We are committed to doing everything possible to assist our students and their families at all times, but especially in this unique crisis. If you need further assistance, please call your financial aid advisor at 800-460-6228.

If I decide to donate my refund(s) as a charitable gift, what do I need to do/know?

We are grateful for all of those who are able and willing to donate their refund to support ACU students whose finances have been most acutely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. When selecting your refund options on the COVID-19 Student Refund page, you can elect to donate your refund as a charitable gift. Information regarding your gift receipt and relevant tax information will be sent to you at a later date.

< Previous section - Next section >