Under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Abilene Christian University was awarded funds to help students dealing with financial hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are available through CARES Act emergency grants to help with eligible expenses related to the disruption of campus operations. Due to federal restrictions the funds are limited to students who:
- Were enrolled in an ACU residential program on March 13, 2020.
- Are federal Title IV aid eligible (have completed a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for either 2019-2020 or 2020-2021).
- Are not ACU Online students.
If you meet these criteria and have lost a job, experienced a recent death in your family, are unable to pay rent and utilities on an unoccupied residence, or need emergency relief for items such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care or childcare expenses, you may be eligible for these funds.
For more information visit the Department of Education CARES Act page.
CARES Act Emergency Relief Reports (Student Funds)
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 5/20/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 6/30/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 8/20/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 10/5/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 3/31/21