April 6, 2020 – Message to Abilene campus community
Please be aware that move-out begins this week for residential students so you may see increased activity on campus. We have created protocols to ensure a safe and healthy environment for students returning to move out their belongings and for those still living on campus for whom ACU is the safest environment.
- A limited number of students will be allowed in each residence hall at one time. Students were asked to designate a day.
- Only one guest will be allowed in the building with each student.
- Social distancing will be practiced.
- If a student or their guest is sick, or has any symptoms, they must reschedule.
- If a student or guest has been exposed within the last 14 days to someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus, they must reschedule after they self-quarantine.
- A professional custodial service will be present during move-out to clean and sanitize throughout the process.
- Hand sanitizers are located on the walls inside the halls.
- Access to the halls is only allowed from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Students moving out and their guests may not stay in the residence hall overnight.
- Check-out will be managed through video conference with the keys and agreement left in a secure drop-off location.
Other move-out dates are scheduled May 1-3 and May 22-31. We ask everyone to practice social distancing at all times. Please pray for the safety of our students and their families as they travel.