ACU senior leadership is continually monitoring the rapidly changing global threat posed by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Information is being gathered regularly from a number of sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. State Department and the World Health Organization (WHO) as we consider what is best for the ACU community.
We have initiated the following actions:
- We will continue providing all instruction via online learning through the remainder of the current semester and throughout all sessions of the Summer 2020 term.
- All spiritual formation credits for Spring 2020 are considered completed for all current students.
- Graduate and undergraduate students at the main campus will have additional options for course grading during this unprecedented and unpredictable semester.
- All students cleared to graduate in May who successfully complete their Spring 2020 courses will have their degrees conferred on their official transcript in May once grades are posted, as usual. Students who complete degree requirements in the summer will have their degrees conferred once summer grades are posted, as usual.
- We are postponing May Commencement ceremonies until Aug. 7-8, 2020. Follow these links to the details you need to prepare for Commencement in August for undergraduate students and graduate students.
- Unless approved via the exception process described here, students CURRENTLY residing in a residence hall must vacate their rooms by May 31, 2020. Twenty dates between April 6 and May 31 have been reserved for the move-out process. See Student move-out section of FAQs for more information.
- ACU will assist international students who are unable to return home and need to remain in campus housing.
- University-sponsored travel has been suspended until September 30. Petitions for exceptions must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Personal travel for employees is strongly discouraged.
- All events and activities have been cancelled, postponed or moved online. In-person gatherings are discouraged and in-person social interaction should be extremely limited whenever possible, in accordance with state and local regulations.
- FAQs have been developed for ACU audiences.
We are taking this global threat very seriously and keeping the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff as our highest priority. We will implement any new restrictions or necessary measures to keep the ACU community safe.