The mission of Hispanos Unidos is to foster the success and development of the Hispanic student body by creating a cultural community that encourages involvement and inclusion, while simultaneously upholding Christian morals and policies of Abilene Christian University.
The Hispanos Unidos student organization was founded by a group of concerned students whose purpose was to provide representation and inclusion for Hispanic students. This organization began in 1991, and has since been instrumental in cultivation of the Hispanic culture on campus.
Who We Are/What We Do
The goal of Hispanos Unidos is to unify an underrepresented culture of students on the ACU campus. Our main goal is to provide a sense of community and support for all of its members; our organization also seeks to:
- Honor and glorify God.
- Foster a sense of community by enhancing the social, intellectual, and cultural life across campus.
- To be servants to the community and to members of Hispanos Unidos.
- To be aware of the views of our members, bring awareness to matters of interest on their behalf, and to represent them to the best of our ability.
- Represent a multitude of Hispanic cultures.
- Break down cultural barriers between students by enriching and including those of cultures different than our own.
- Not only to provide a place for people with ties to the Hispanic culture to feel at home, but also to provide an opportunity for those of different cultures to experience something new, and to grow from it, culturally, as a result.
- Develop fun and meaningful activities that will promote fellowship and a sense of community.
- Publicize to gain support and notoriety, increase the extent of our impact on and off the campus, and to strengthen our organization’s legacy.
|Vice President||Francisco Javier Banegas Tabora|
|Historian||Mariana Alpha Cedillo|
|Chaplain||Joseph Alexander Vasami|
|Event Coordinator||Erika Puebla|
|Public Relations||LisaMarie Maldonado|
- Dr. Patricia Hernandez
- Dr. Beatriz Alem-Walker
- Dr. Ronald Morgan
- Small Group Chapel
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration
- Burrito Days
- Fall - Entra a la Plaza
- Winter - Christmas Party
- Spring - Tortilla Devos
- End of year - BBQ Party/Retreat
- ETHNOS - a cultural event put on by the International Students' Association (ISA)
- Student Life Interest Fairs - geared toward prospective students
- Students' Association Student Organizations Fairs - geared toward current students