Vulputate massa semper vivamus gravida pede fusce lacinia. Mauris aenean condimentum primis eros dis dui. Proin sapien neque metus senectus consequat at.

Neque magna sit cursus praesent habitant pede. Risus nostra consectetuer dapibus tristique vel finibus sagittis.

Main Content

Financial Documents

Federal regulations require international students to demonstrate their ability to pay the estimated costs associated with living and studying at ACU for one academic year, including:

  • tuition and fees,
  • room and board,
  • books and health insurance.

Scholarships or graduate assistantships awarded by ACU may count toward the total amount of support needed.  These funds do not need to be paid to ACU immediately, you must only show that they are available to pay for the student’s expenses.

This means the current and past balances in the accounts need to equal the amount of the family responsibility.

Bank documents must be recent (within 6 months of the anticipated enrollment date, or 2 months of I-20 issuance date), and include:

  • the names of the owner and the banking institution
  • the account number
  • the currency type and dates

Listed below are samples of acceptable documents:·

  • Current savings account statements showing at least 3 months of history
  • Current checking account statements showing at least 6 months of history. (Please note that only the surplus monthly or end balance can be considered available for use toward the student’s education.)
  • Official loan documents signed by a bank (not a line of credit or credit card credit)

Additional documents may be required at the discretion of the Office of International Students and Visiting Scholars.

Please also note that the immigration estimate does not include things such as transportation, travel, personal items, set-up items for your living space, clothing, personal items, entertainment or emergency funds, which you should include in your personal budget.

If you are submitting a bank statement that belongs to someone other than yourself or the parents listed on your application, an affidavit of support is also required. This is a letter from the owner of the bank account stating that the funds will be used to support the applicant. If you prefer, you may use our Affidavit of Support form in place of a letter.

Undergraduates may send documents via email to, via fax to 325-674-2966, or post to: International Admissions, ACU Box 29000, Abilene, TX 79699, U.S.A.

Graduate students may send documents via email to, by fax to 325-674-6717 or by mail to Office of Graduate Programs at ACU Box 29140, Abilene, Texas 79699-9140.