The following items must be received before an admission decision can be reached:
Complete an online application (includes essay and application fee).
Please ensure that every question is completed, so that we may process your application in a timely manner. Also, please ensure that the name on your application matches the name on your transcripts and, where possible, the name on your passport. It is imperative that we have your current email address at all times, and that Abilene Christian University is indicated as an eligible sender to the account.
A nonrefundable US $50.00 application fee is required in order to process your application. There are three options for paying this fee:
- Online via credit card through a secure online payment within the online application.
- By phone via credit card. For this option, please call +1-325-674-2650 between the hours of 8:00-18:00 U.S. Central Standard Time.
- By bank draft drawn on a U.S. bank or an international postal money order payable to Abilene Christian University.
2) Standardized Test Scores
We require the following minimum scores on these exams to accept a student into ACU's undergraduate and ESL programs: ACU English Placement Chart.
ACU Approved Assessments:
- ibt/pbt/cpt TOEFL
- PTE Academic
- International Baccalaureate
- Advance Placement
- British Advanced Levels
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination
The director of admissions may:
- Consider placing a student in any English track using all or any of the other application materials.
- Consider other standardized national college entrance examinations or national high school exit assessments to fulfill this requirement.
- Require the student to submit an SAT, ACT, TOEFL, and/or EILTS score before making an admissions decision even if the student has submitted another assessment.
- Grant conditional admission and require the student to send additional academic information or to take a specific academic action before the first day of classes or during the first semester.
- Grant conditional admission and require the student to take one to three semesters of Intensive English Classes (ESL) at ACU before starting with regular undergraduate classes.
- Submitting any of these examinations does not guarantee university admissions. The decision will be made by the director of admissions using all available information.
- We would still require at least one standardized assessment for class placement.
- The student would still need to submit an ACT or SAT to be considered for an academic scholarship.
Do I need to take the SAT or the ACT?
If the student submits another approved international standardized assessment, it might not be necessary to submit an SAT or ACT score for admissions purposes.
However, if the student meets ACU's minimum English-language requirements to apply as a first-year undergraduate student, it is recommended to submit an official SAT or ACT score because this is mandatory to be considered for an academic scholarship. Also, in lieu of writing an essay, the student may submit an ACT or SAT writing score.
Visit our ACT/SAT Frequently Asked Questions page.
3) Academic Records
All documents should be submitted in the original language. All documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified line-by-line, literal, English translation.
Secondary School Records
Official secondary school transcripts, a secondary school diploma or leaving certificate and examination results are required from all first-year and transfer students.
If you attend a post-secondary institution outside the United States, we require official transcripts which include all subjects studied each year and the grade/mark earned in each subject. A key to the marking system with minimum passing mark should be included. In addition, we require course descriptions of all classes you have taken and intend to take prior to the semester in which you hope to enroll at Abilene Christian University. If descriptions are not available, please provide a three- to five-sentence description of each course. Include the content, scope, credits/number of hours for each course or the number of hours per week, and the number of weeks per semester.
If you attend a post-secondary institution in the United States, official transcripts should be sent directly from the institution to Abilene Christian University.
You may submit preliminary documents using our document uploader.
4) Student Visa Steps
Every international student seeking an international student visa from the U.S. government must submit to the university a bank statement that is no more than six months old at the time you would start attending ACU. It should show sufficient funds to cover the estimated cost of studying at ACU for one academic year (nine months) and a letter from the owner of the bank account stating that the funds will be used to support the applicant. Download the Affidavit of Support form. View the estimated expenses for the undergraduate program.
After you submit qualified financial information, we will send you an admissions package that includes a certificate of admission and an immigration document called an I-20. You will need these documents to make an appointment with the U.S. consulate or embassy in your country to apply for a student visa to study at ACU. To ensure all information in your I-20 is correct, we require a copy of your passport before sending your documents.