Are you ready for the challenge?
Through this certificate program, you will be able to better understand the needs of human services agencies – and have the ability to impact change through policy analysis, advocacy and human empowerment.
Note: course work may apply toward the Master of Science in social work degree.
Certificate in Social Service Administration
Program length: 12 months
Credit hours: 18
2021/2022 tuition per credit hour: $1,343
Policy Analysis and Practice
Management and Funding for Nonprofit Organizations
Leading and Managing Change in Nonprofit Organizations
School of Social Work
Regular: February 1st
National Candidates: May 1st
Early Action: November 1st
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $25 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA; If undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, the GRE or MAT entrance exam is required. Our GRE code is 6001;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A personal statement addressing your motivation for graduate studies and entering the social work profession, including reflections on the four themes of the ACU School of Social Work- evidence-based practice, God’s gift of diversity, faith and social work, and social justice;
- A second writing sample in the form of a formal graded (returned with feedback) senior level assignment of at least five pages from the student’s undergraduate work (or acceptable alternative). Contact the School of Social Work for a grading rubric.