Are you ready for the challenge?
Through this certificate program, you will be able to better understand the needs of human services agencies – and have the ability to impact change through policy analysis, advocacy and human empowerment.
Note: course work may apply toward the Master of Science in social work degree.
Certificate in Social Service Administration
These are the important details you will need to keep in mind as you prepare your application and degree plan.
Program length: 12 months
Credit hours: 18
2021/2022 tuition per credit hour: $1,343
Policy Analysis and Practice
Management and Funding for Nonprofit Organizations
Leading and Managing Change in Nonprofit Organizations
School of Social Work
Regular: February 1st
National Candidates: May 1st
Early Action: November 1st
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $25 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA; If undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, the GRE or MAT entrance exam is required. Our GRE code is 6001;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A personal statement addressing your motivation for graduate studies and entering the social work profession, including reflections on the four themes of the ACU School of Social Work- evidence-based practice, God’s gift of diversity, faith and social work, and social justice;
- A second writing sample in the form of a formal graded (returned with feedback) senior level assignment of at least five pages from the student’s undergraduate work (or acceptable alternative). Contact the School of Social Work for a grading rubric.