Setting up Outlook
In order to set up Outlook to work with your ACU Gmail follow these steps:
- Open Outlook for the first time.
- For new setups, select Do not upgrade (if there)
- Click Yes.
- Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' checkbox.
- Select Internet E-mail.
- Enter your display name, e-mail address, and password. Enter your full e-mail address, e.g. 'firstname.lastname@example.org.'
- In the Account Type dropdown menu, select IMAP; enter the incoming and outgoing server names shown below:
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- In the 'User Name' field, give your full ACU e-mail address, including '@acu.edu.'
- Deselect the "Test Account settings by clicking the Next button" option
- After creating these settings, clicking Next takes you to the end of the setup. Click Finish.
- Once Outlook opens, go to File, account settings. (or tools-> e-mail settings -> accounts in older versions).
- Select an account, and click Change above the list of accounts. Click More Settings, then the Advanced tab
- Incoming server must be 993, SSL encryption.
- Outgoing server can use 587, TLS encryption.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' is selected. The radio button 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' should also be selected.
- Click OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.
- If nothing comes up immediately, you may have to restart Outlook.