ACU provides a touch-tone telephone line to your residence hall room with local and long distance service with an authorization code and operator-assisted long-distance capability. Your friends and relatives can call your room directly; be sure to give them your new telephone number, including the area code (325).
Telephone instruments will not be provided by the university.
Your unlimited local calling area includes calls to all university numbers and to Albany, Anson, Baird, Blackwell, Bradshaw, Buffalo Gap, Caps, Clyde, Crews, Eula, Hamby, Hamlin, Hawley, Hodges, Lawn, Lueders, Maryneal, Merkel, Nolan, Noodle, Nubia, Oplin, Ovalo, Potosi, Putnam, Roby, Roscoe, Rotan, Shep, Stamford, Sweetwater, Trent, Truby, Tuscola, Tye, View, Wingate, and Winters.
Area codes, time zones, country codes, and city codes are listed in the Southwestern Bell Telephone Directory. A Phone Book is available for your room; see your residence hall director or the Team55 Office if there is not one already in your room.
- Campus Calls -> Dial the last four digits of the number.
- Local Calls -> Dial 9 + the 7-digit phone number.
Note: As of June 1st, 2006 ACU is no longer providing personal long distance to students. If you need to make a long distance phone call from on campus please visit the campus store to purchase a calling card.
- Dial 9 + 0 - to bill an operator-assisted call
- Call collect.
- Use a calling card. You may not use a calling card listing your university residence hall room telephone number.
- Use a non-university third party telephone number.
- YOU CANNOT ACCEPT COLLECT CALLS IN YOUR RESIDENCE HALL ROOM.