Google Sync - iPhone/iPod touch
Requirements and Upload
1. Make sure your device has version 2.2 firmware or above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version. To upgrade, follow the instructions on the Apple wesbite.
2. Upload any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding. Your device will delete Contacts and Calendars during setup. Learn how to upload your Contacts with iTunes: PC Users - Mac Users.
3. The contacts that are replaced on your device will be the contents of your My Contacts group. This is the only group supported at this time, so make sure to clean up your My Contacts before syncing.
Tip: If you have a Mac, make sure that Synchronize with Google in the Address Book app is OFF. Otherwise all of your contacts will sync to Address Book.
4. Mail sync is not yet supported. You may receive error messages if you attempt to turn on Sync for Mail. You can setup the Mail client using these instructions.
Sync Setup Instructions
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter "ACU Sync."
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full ACU email address as the Username. Do not use your email alias if you have one as a faculty/staff member.
8. Enter your ACU password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Turn on Calendar and Contacts and turn off Mail since we prefer that you check you mail using a different protocol.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
14. You've set up Google Sync! Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Calendar or Contacts app and your content will start to appear after a few minutes.
If you want to sync multiple calendars…
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone/iPod/iPad and go to http://m.google.com
2. Click on Google Apps user? at the bottom of the screen.
3. Enter your domain name (acu.edu).
4. Click the Sync icon in your domain area (this section has a green background).
5. Sign in if required.
6. Select your device to configure Calendars.