Abilene Christian University is a private, comprehensive, master's-level university with roughly 5,000 students from across the United States and more than 60 nations. We're located in Abilene, Texas, about 2-1/2 hours west of Dallas/Fort Worth.
Given its size and institutional flexibility, ACU offers an ideal environment for exploring and developing mobile learning solutions for higher education, and this is one reason we're well connected with some of the world's leading-edge technology companies. Learn more about Abilene Christian University.
ACU enjoys strategic partnerships with the following organizations in technology and education:
- Google - ACU is a charter member and one of only 12 schools participating on the Google Higher Education Customer Advisory Board.
- AT&T - ACU is a charter member of the AT&T Education Advisory Board, which advises AT&T in all areas of the education marketplace.
- Apple Distinguished Educators - ACU participates in emerging educational projects and confers with Apple regarding educational initiatives through its representation in the Apple Distinguished Educators program.
- Sungard Higher Education - ACU is one of approximately 40 schools to serve on the Pillar Institute of Sungard, an ERP vendor maintaining a greater than 60 percent market share in higher education. Pillar Institute schools serve as an advisory board assisting Sungard senior executives in strategic planning.
- Alcatel-Lucent - ACU has been a longtime partner of Alcatel-Lucent, working closely with many areas of the organization to explore innovative uses of technology in a campus environment, including networking technologies and technologies associated with the future of digital publishing.
- Cambridge University Press - ACU has joined Cambridge University Press in a three-year partnership to develop digital texts for course use and to explore the impact of digital publishing in higher education.
- Turning Technologies - ACU consults with Turning Technologies, a global leader in student-response and assessment systems, about the role of their ResponseWare and TurningPoint AnyWhere solutions for higher education and K-12.
- Talisma - ACU is one of two universities on the Global Advisory Board of Talisma, a company providing customer relationship management software. The other members of the board are drawn from various fields, including software companies, auto-makers and hospitality organizations.
- Inkling - ACU and Inkling have partnered to explore the role of digital learning content in higher education. Projects include course-wide deployment of titles on Inkling’s platform and research about the efficacy of interactive and media-rich alternatives to the printed book.