2007 Salary Survey Results
Dr. Charles Siburt, Associate Dean for Ministry Programs and Services at Abilene Christian University, recently administered a nation-wide survey to gather information about current levels of compensation for ministers in the Churches of Christ. This survey was completed by 714 ministers of diverse ages and ministry positions and from churches of all sizes.
The survey compares minister compensation packages, including allowances and benefits, as well as comparing number of years in ministry and educational background and experience.
With this detailed and diverse set of information, it is difficult to establish any basis for a salary standard. It does, however, document the current compensation range for ministers and provide powerful information for a reassessment and reevaluation of a minister's compensation package.
If you were unable to participate in the 2007 survey but would like to participate in the future, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questionaire Results .xls .pdf
- Compensation by Education Level .xls .pdf
- Compensation by Church Size .xls .pdf
- Compensation by Years of Experience .xls .pdf
Compensation by Ministry Roles In Alphabetical Order:
- Administration Minister .xls .pdf
- Associate Minister .xls .pdf
- Campus Minister .xls .pdf
- Children's Minister .xls .pdf
- Church Planter .xls .pdf
- Education/Spiritual Formation Minister .xls .pdf
- Family Minister .xls .pdf
- Involvement Minister .xls .pdf
- Other Minister Positions .xls .pdf
- Outreach/Evangelism Minister .xls .pdf
- Pastoral Care Minister .xls .pdf
- Preaching Minister .xls .pdf
- Worship Minister .xls .pdf
- Youth Minister .xls .pdf
Subscribe to News
Sign up to receive email updates from the Office of Church Relations or the College of Biblical Studies.
Ministry Job Search
Looking for a minister or a ministry job? MinistryLink is a service for churches to search for ministers and for ministers to search for ministry positions.
2012 Ministers Salary Survey