The CHARIS website features posts on a variety of topics of interest to church leaders, Christian educators, and Christians. Just a few of the themes explored within the Church section are spiritual formation, small-church ministry, theological reflection, leadership, ministry teams, and shepherding.
The Church section features multiple new posts every week, so we hope you’ll check back often.
Featured CHARIS Blogs
- Seasons: A Time for All Things by Glenn Pemberton
- Phronesis: Leaning into Jesus Wisdom by Carson E. Reed
Featured CHARIS Posts
- Not on Sunday by Amanda Box
- Communities for Questioners by Laura Callarman
- Breath Prayers by Chess Cavitt
- Urban Public Schools and the Kingdom of God (two-part series) by Steve Cloer
- Jonah the Reluctant Preacher by Matthew Dowling
- Living within Limits by Kelly Edmiston
- I Hope She Stays by Eric Gentry
- Electing to Follow Jesus (five-part series) by Randy Harris and Greg Taylor
- The Real Reason and Remedy for a Divided Society by Jason Locke
- Not My Sin, Not My Problem by Amy McLaughlin-Sheasby
The CHARIS site as a whole is supported by the ACU Library and the Center for Heritage and Renewal in Spirituality; the Church portion is managed by the Siburt Institute. Its purpose is to train disciples of Jesus Christ for God’s Kingdom by witnessing to God’s gracious gifts (Greek: “charis”) among the Churches of Christ, both past and present.