The CHARIS website features posts on a variety of topics of interest to church leaders, Christian educators, and Christians. Just a few of the themes explored within the Church section are spiritual formation, small-church ministry, theological reflection, leadership, ministry teams, and shepherding.
The Church section features multiple new posts every week, so we hope you’ll check back often.
- The Parable of the Birds by Chris Benjamin
- To White Christian Leaders by Steven Brice
- Word Problems by Amanda Box
- The Race by Laura Callarman
- Healthy Responses for Church Leaders: Human Beings or Human Becomings? by Ben Fike
- Differing from Ourselves by Eric Gentry
- Tug of War by Rhesa Higgins
- When Ministers Change Their Minds by Amy McLaughlin-Sheasby
- Looking for Millennials ... In All the Wrong Places by Carson Reed
- Are You Joking? by Greg Taylor
The CHARIS site as a whole is supported by the ACU Library and the Center for Heritage and Renewal in Spirituality; the Church portion is managed by the Siburt Institute. Its purpose is to train disciples of Jesus Christ for God’s Kingdom by witnessing to God’s gracious gifts (Greek: “charis”) among the Churches of Christ, both past and present.