The CHARIS website features posts on a variety of topics of interest to church leaders, Christian educators, and Christians. Just a few of the themes explored within the Church section are spiritual formation, small church ministry, theological reflection, leadership, ministry teams, and shepherding.
The Church section features multiple new posts every week, so we hope you’ll check back often.
Featured CHARIS Blogs
- Seasons: A Time for All Things by Glenn Pemberton
- Phronesis: Leaning into Jesus Wisdom by Carson E. Reed
Featured CHARIS Posts
- Texting As a Spiritual Discipline by Amanda Box
- Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Adam Daniels
- The Spirituality of Tomato Soup by Kelly Edmiston
- Dear Sunday School Teachers by Eric Gentry
- Top 5 CHARIS Posts in 2017 by Karissa Herchenroeder
- An Invitation for Children to Participate in Worship by Lauren Rutland Hightower
- A "Whatever" Spirituality by Daniel McGraw
- Where Everybody Knows Your Shame by Chris Perrey
- What I Learned about Church Leadership from a Crazy Ostrich by Steve Ridgell
- How to Keep Your Rural Minister through the Harvest by Jim Weaver
The CHARIS site as a whole is supported by the ACU Library and the Center for Heritage and Renewal in Spirituality; the Church portion is managed by the Siburt Institute. Its purpose is to train disciples of Jesus Christ for God’s Kingdom by witnessing to God’s gracious gifts (Greek: “charis”) among the Churches of Christ, both past and present.