The CHARIS website features posts on a variety of topics of interest to church leaders, Christian educators, and Christians. Just a few of the themes explored within the Church section are spiritual formation, small-church ministry, theological reflection, leadership, ministry teams, and shepherding.
The Church section features multiple new posts every week, so we hope you’ll check back often.
- How to Be Pastoral in a Rancorous Political Season by Chris Benjamin
- To White Christian Leaders by Steven Brice
- Universal Call for Self-Denial by Laura Callarman
- Three Metaphors for a Missional Church (3-part series) by Steve Cloer
- White-Colored Glasses by Kelly Edmiston
- Differing from Ourselves by Eric Gentry
- Baggage by Rhesa Higgins
- Five Keys to Reviving a Dying Church by Jason Locke
- Preaching When Words Are Cheap by Amy McLaughlin-Sheasby
- A Tale of Two Kingdoms by Justin Simmons
The CHARIS site as a whole is supported by the ACU Library and the Center for Heritage and Renewal in Spirituality; the Church portion is managed by the Siburt Institute. Its purpose is to train disciples of Jesus Christ for God’s Kingdom by witnessing to God’s gracious gifts (Greek: “charis”) among the Churches of Christ, both past and present.