The CHARIS website features posts on a variety of topics of interest to church leaders, Christian educators, and Christians. Just a few of the themes explored within the Church section are spiritual formation, small church ministry, theological reflection, leadership, ministry teams, and shepherding.
The Church section features multiple new posts every week, so we hope you’ll check back often.
Featured CHARIS Blogs
- Seasons: A Time for All Things by Glenn Pemberton
- Phronesis: Leaning into Jesus Wisdom by Carson E. Reed
Featured CHARIS Posts
- The Way of the Cross by Chris Benjamin
- Texting As a Spiritual Discipline by Amanda Box
- Master, the Tempest Is Raging! by Laura Callarman
- 'Tis Merely a Soul Wound by Adam Daniels
- Clinging to the Cross by Kelly Edmiston
- Small Churches and the God of the Poor by Jonathan Hanegan
- The Samaritan Woman and the Church's Response to #MeToo by Lauren Rutland Hightower
- Leaving the Museum: Daring to Preach in Present Tense by Amy McLaughlin-Sheasby
- What I Learned about Church Leadership from a Crazy Ostrich by Steve Ridgell
- From Judginess to Fruitfulness: When to Speak Out and When to Remain Silent by Greg Taylor
The CHARIS site as a whole is supported by the ACU Library and the Center for Heritage and Renewal in Spirituality; the Church portion is managed by the Siburt Institute. Its purpose is to train disciples of Jesus Christ for God’s Kingdom by witnessing to God’s gracious gifts (Greek: “charis”) among the Churches of Christ, both past and present.