Firework Show Parking Available on ACU Campus
for immediate release July 2, 1998Parking and viewing areas will be available around Abilene Christian University for the July Fourth fireworks display after the Abilene Prairie Dogs games at Crutcher Scott Field Friday and Saturday nights.
Here are a few points to remember for making parking easier and viewing more fun:
* The Prairie Dogs have reserved the parking lots along the north end of old Judge Ely Boulevard and along Oliver Jackson Boulevard for VIPs. Only people with VIP passes may enter.
* The public is welcome to park in any of ACU's other parking lots. The large lot between the tennis courts and the Biblical Studies Building is likely to fill up first.
* Other large parking lots are along the west side of Campus Court between East North 18th and 20th streets and by ACU's Brown Library, only a short walk to the baseball field.
* The vacant fields north of Ambler Avenue will be open for parking as usual for Prairie Dog games. The large vacant field on the southeast corner of East North 16th and Judge Ely Boulevard (north of McDonald's) is open and will have a clear view of the show.
* Vehicles may be parallel parked on residential streets near campus, but should not block traffic flow on the streets or alleys. Abilene Police Department officers and other parking attendants will be on hand to direct traffic. Police will tow cars that violate any parking ordinances or cause a safety hazard, a police spokesman said.
* Grass areas of campus where no parking will be allowed will be marked off with yellow caution tape to protect the landscaping and sprinkler systems. The grass area on the northwest corner of East North 16th and Judge Ely has recently been surveyed for the construction of ACU's new performing arts building and parking there would interfere with the survey markers. However, after parking elsewhere, anyone may sit on the grass along Judge Ely for great viewing.
* No smoking, drinking, or fireworks are allowed on the ACU campus.
If you are a member of the media who would like more information about this release, please contact Malissa Endsley, director of media relations, at email@example.com or call 915-674-2692.