ACU Foundation Names Estate Planning Council
for immediate release Oct. 24, 1997
Twenty-nine professionals have been named to the ACU Foundation's
new Estate Planning Advisory Council.
The attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Chartered Life
Underwriters, insurance brokers, trust officers, Certified Financial
Planners and development consultants have pledged themselves to serve
Abilene Christian University and the ACU Foundation by assisting clientele
in making prudent tax and stewardship decisions for the benefit of their
families and favorite charities.
The ACU Foundation was organized to serve as a marketing arm for
the estate planning/planned giving activities of the university.
One of the council's responsibilites is to assist in scheduling
estate planning seminars, said Dr. Milton Fletcher, executive director of
the ACU Foundation. "They are also available for consultation with ACU
development officers and the Foundation," he said. "Confidentiality is a
watchword and extreme care is taken to protect private information."
Council chairman is Neil Haney, director of development, Scott and
White Memorial Hospital, Temple; and vice chairman is Larry W. Bridgesmith,
attorney; Constangy, Brooks and Smith, Nashville,Tenn.
Members of the Estate Planning Advisory Council are:
For more information on this or other topics affecting your estate,
please contact: Dan Garrett, ACU vice chancellor, at ACU Box 29200,
Abilene, Texas 79699-9200 or 915-674-2536; or
Milton Fletcher or Bill Spann of the ACU Foundation, at ACU Box 29129,
Abilene, Texas 79699-9129 or 915-674-2508.
- * Jane Varner Beard, attorney (not currently practicing); Abilene
- * Dan Boyd, CFP; Dan Boyd and Associates, Coppell
- * Marshall D. Capps, attorney-at-law; Crowell
- * David L. Carter, CPA and CFP; David L. Carter P.C., Abilene
- * Dave Copeland, CPA and CFA; president of SIPCO, Abilene
- * Bill Day, CFP, vice president and financial consultant; Merrill
- * Ray Ferguson, CPA and CFP; Condley and Company L.L.P., Abilene
- * Houston Goodspeed, broker; The Goodspeed Insurance Agencies, Dallas
- * Jake Herndon, vice president and trust officer; First National
- * Lloyd Kennedy, attorney (retired); Shell Oil Company, Houston
- * David Lacy, attorney and CPA; University of Texas System Office
of General Counsel, Austin
- * Tim Ladyman, attorney; Ladyman and Ladyman, Abilene
- * Jim McKinney, attorney (retired); Exxon, Brentwood, Tenn.
- * George Offutt, CPA; Gary Bowers and Company, Lubbock
- * Maurice Peeples, vice president and trust officer; Broadway
National Bank, San Antonio
- * Allen Price, attorney; Smith, Rose, Finley, Harp and Price
Attorneys, San Angelo
- * Shirley Riley, CPA; Systems and Computer Technology Corp., Abilene
- * Paul Rotenberry, attorney; Whitten and Young Attorneys, Abilene
- * John D. Rogers, senior vice president and central region trust
manager; Norwest Bank of Texas, Kerrville
- * Bryan D. Shilcutt, CLU and life insurance specialist; Mark
Stevens Insurance agency, Abilene
- * Joe Talbot, CLU; Joe Talbot and Associates, Lake Jackson
- * Jimmy E. Thigpen, attorney; Flood, Linzy, Thigpen and Hawkins, Temple
- * Warlick Thomas, attorney (retired); Burdett, Morgan and Thomas
- * Paul W. Tipton, attorney; Paul Tipton and Associates PC, Dallas
- * Clayton Tuggle, CPA; Tuggle, Burton and Co., Dallas
- * James L. Wilks, attorney-at-law; Sweetwater
- * Bobbie L. Wolfe, CPA; Wolfe and Company Certified Public
If you are a member of the media who would like more information about this release, please contact Malissa Endsley, director of media relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 915-674-2692.
- This page is maintained by Malissa Endsley, email@example.com.
- Last update: October 30, 1997