ACU's Brown Library adds two new congressional databases
For immediate release
January 5, 1999 Abilene Christian University's Brown Library has added two new full-text databases to the library's Internet home page: Statistical Universe and Congressional Universe, both of which are published by the Congressional Information Service.
Statistical Universe offers the user full bibliographic control of statistical data produced by the U.S. government; important international intergovernmental organizations; and knowledgeable professional and trade organizations, business organizations, agencies and universities.
It also offers:
· about 1,000 of the best statistical publications of private and state government sources >from 1980 forward through CIS' Statistical Reference Index, and
· approximately 2,000 indispensable titles from approximately 100 international intergovernmental organizations.
All of the information garnered through Statistical Universe has been published annually since 1983 through CIS' Index to International Statistical.
The reliable indexing and abstracting of the CIS/Index to Publications of the U.S. Congress from 1970 forward sets Congressional Universe apart from other services, but Congressional Universe is far more than the CIS/Index on the Web.
It provides a seamless link to the full range of legislative and public policy resources including:
· hearing transcripts and submitted testimony form the 100th Congress forward,
· committee reports from the 101st Congress forward,
· bills - all versions of all legislation introduced from the 101st Congress forward,
· public laws from the 100th Congress forward,
· selected committee prints from the 104th Congress forward,
· congressional documents from the 104th Congress forward,
· congressional record >from the 99th Congress forward,
· federal register from 1980 forward,
· current Code of Federal Regulations and
· current U.S. code.
The databases complement the hundreds of other full-text materials offered by Brown Library. For more information, contact Mark McCallon at (915) 674-2348.
To access these sources on the web via ACU's Brown Library website, go to http://www.acu.edu/academics/library/home.html.
If you are a member of the media who would like more information about this release, please contact Tom Craig, director of media and community relations, at email@example.com or call 915-674-2692.