Students from ACU’s Department of Journalism and Mass Communication won several awards at the American Advertising Awards ceremony, hosted by the Abilene chapter of the American Advertising Federation.
Student advertising/PR agency Morris + Mitchell and multimedia production agency 99 West won Gold and Silver awards for their work in the professional category. Although these organizations are student-run, they operate as professional agencies.
Awards in the professional category were:
• Gold for M+M Career Center Icons
• Gold for M+M American Advertising Awards Brand Elements
• Silver for M+M Career Center Campaign
• Silver for 99 West “Just Another Day in the JMC Studio” video
Students also won individual awards in the student category, including a Best of Show. Those awards were:
• Best of Show for Chandler Taylor and Kinsey Lee in Print
• Gold for Jarred Schutze in Outdoor
• Gold for Jarred Schutze in Print
• Gold for Chandler Taylor and Kinsey Lee in Print
• Gold for Chandler Taylor in Radio
• Special Judges’ Award for Chandler Taylor in Radio
• Silver for Rachel Mallary in Print
• Silver for Erika Thrasher in Outdoor
• Silver for the Ad/PR Campaigns Class – Social Media Campaign for Hilton Worldwide
• Silver for the Ad/PR Campaigns Class – Social Media Campaign for Justin Boots
The Gold winners will advance to the AAF District 10 competition, which encompasses a four-state area.