Student-run agencies receive national recognitionPosted March 21, 2014
Students involved in two ACU student-run agencies, 99 West and Morris & Mitchell, are receiving local and national recognition for their work.
Multimedia agency 99 West received an honorable mention for a 30-second TV spot at the 2014 BEA Festival of Media Arts. The TV spot was produced in partnership with Morris & Mitchell, ACU’s advertising and public relations agency.
“This is 99 West’s first year, and our producers have already shown that their work is among the best student work in the country,” says Jessica Smith, ACU associate professor of journalism and mass communication and co-advisor of 99 West. The BEA Festival is not an easy field, with 1,250 entries and many other schools entering as the festival’s judges.
Both submissions made by 99 West to the American Advertising Awards professional category received awards:
- Silver for the 30-second ACU Campus Store television spot
- Bronze for the 30-second Frontier Texas television spot
Seniors Lucius Patenaude, Will Rogers and Brance Armstrong won the local professional category award for the Frontier Texas spot.
“The guys and I were blown away,” says Patenaude. “We are honored to receive this recognition and I believe it will only push us to improve even more.”
Students from both agencies also picked up several local honors at this year’s ADDY awards, given by the Abilene chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF). Morris & Mitchell won a bronze in the professional category for their Pura Vida Outdoor Campaign.
The AAF recognized individual JMC students for advertisements created in class:
- Gold for Katie Williamson in Outdoor
- Silver for Ad/PR Campaigns class in Point-of-Purchase
- Silver for Lucius Patenaude in Magazine Ad
- Bronze for Ad/ PR Campaigns class in Packaging
- Bronze for Brenna Jeffries in Magazine Ad
- Bronze for Adrian Patenaude in Magazine Ad
- Bronze for Megan Robinson in Outdoor
Wildcat Video Minute
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU