ACU recognized as one of the best college workplaces in the nationPosted August 17, 2010
ACU has been selected as one of the 2010 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle for Higher Education. The results are based on questions asked of employees at colleges and universities across the nation. ACU earned recognition from its employees in the categories of:
- Teaching Environment, for the university’s recognition of innovative and high-quality teaching;
- Facilities, Workspaces, and Security, for the pleasing appearance of the campus and the ability of facilities to meet all the faculty’s needs;
- Job Satisfaction and Support;
- Work/Life Balance, for the university’s flexible policies that allow employees to manage their personal lives;
- Confidence in Senior Leadership, for university leadership’s having the knowledge, skills and experience necessary for institutional success; and
- Supervisor or Department-Chair Relationship, for the ability of supervisors to make expectations clear and solicit ideas.
ACU was also named to the 2010 Honor Roll, an accolade which places the university among the top thirty institutions in the nation to work for. In all, 275 institutions were evaluated.
"Receiving recognition is always an exciting thing, but when that recognition comes from ACU's own faculty and staff that is an exceptional thing!" says Wendy Jones, director of Human Resources at ACU.
The Great Colleges to Work For program is an annual survey that recognizes colleges for specific best practices and policies, such as faculty administration relations, confidence in senior leadership and compensation and benefits. Universities can be recognized in 12 categories.
See the full listing of recognized institutions here.
Did you know? ACU's Theatre Department recently staged Shakespeare's Othello with a modern twist. During the performance, audience members interacted with the cast and each other through a blog viewable on their mobile devices. Catch a glimpse of this theatre experience unlike any you've ever seen.