2015 Springboard winners announcedPosted April 14, 2015
Ron Davis of Abilene won the $20,000 grand prize in the 2015 Springboard Ideas Challenge competition. His company, Reactuate Games, uses local talent to create video games.
The Ideas Challenge is a mini business plan competition sponsored by the Griggs Center for Entrepreneurship & Philanthropy at Abilene Christian University. Awards were given in two divisions.
- Grand Prize, $20,000 – Ron Davis, Reactuate Games
- Second Place, $5,000 – Shawn Childers of Abilene, Alonus Wear, which offers eco-friendly fitness apparel including a patent pending pant, Tush Ups.
- Third Place, $1,000 – Terrance (Terry) Miller of Abilene, Fly-Informed, a mobile application service that sends FAA safety notices and weather notifications to your mobile device.
- Small Business, $1,000 - Darren and Gloria Hagood of Abilene, UnLocked, a community-centered hair braiding service.
- Grand Prize, $10,000 – Burton Cannon from Abilene, ModPlug, a wall outlet/plug device that is child-safe, and eliminates phantom energy loss, saving the average homeowner $200 annually.
- Second Place, $3,000 – Zach and Alex Carstens from College Station, Lavender Mattress, a high-quality, universally comfortable bed designed for college dorms.
- Third Place, $1,000 – Aaron Burch from Flower Mound, Hooked, which offers sport fishermen a revolutionary and innovative new hooking method to increase success on the water.
Vision in Action
Watch the video above to witness the future of Abilene Christian University taking shape.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU