Springboard Ideas Challenge 2014 FinalistsPosted April 09, 2014
The Griggs Center for Entrepreneurship & Philanthropy has announced the finalists for its 2014 Springboard Ideas Challenge. The goal of the annual competition, now it its seventh year, is to promote business entrepreneurship on ACU's campus and across the Abilene community.
The Springboard Idea Challenge invites aspiring entrepreneurs to submit business plans in one of two divisions: community or college. Top finalists compete for cash prizes and present their ideas to a live panel of judges.
Dr. Jim Litton, director of the Griggs Center for Entrepreneurship & Philanthropy says, "We are excited about the teams that have advanced to the final round of the competition. Next week they will compete for more than $40,000 in cash prizes."
Community Division Finalists
- iGreenPod - Shawn Altman
- The Country Escape - Patty & Mike Smith
- Crowd Meets Science - Ian Robertson & Kyle Gainey
- Nap Mat Carriers - Nicola Joshua
- Spirit Wood Furniture - Jerry & Linda Waldrup
- KINGA - Hasina Randriasandratriniony
- TruMud - Ryan Lynn
- The Memory Tree - Pete Ruiz
- thrive! - J.R. Kessler
- Helios - Lincoln Mason & Richard Castillo
- reMotion - Brent Reeves
- Mapmath - Phillip Dosa
- Alonus Fitness Wear - Mishawn Childers
- Sign Me Up - Jeff Johnston
- CareFree Financial Solutions - Brandon Avedikian
- College Flat - Colton McCoy
- Hawkeye 3D - Will Anderson
- venture.tips - Troy Bonneau
- Float 2 Swim - Morgan Hood
- hush! - Samantha Martinez
- ProFoam Combat Gear - Peter Kenna
- NovaScore - Jason McVey & Rudy Garza
- STICKeBIBS - Evan Webb & Elizabeth Lurz
- Smart Park - Brady Johnson
- Tools for Fools D.I.Y. Work shop - Ryan Lupton
- Mercari Nano - Nicole Rowland & Mason Thorn
- Community - Small Business Finalists
- Academy of Life - D'Angelo & Janelle Sands
- Clean & Simple - William Suell
- Explore Abilene - Ashley Grisham
- Jacob Ray Creations - Jacob Ray
- Kaleidoscope - Janet Fish
- Lone Star Shopper - Robert Ochoa
- Pearl Power Academy - Katherine Gordon Rice
- Portable Portraits - Missy & Jonathan Stinson
The winners will be revealed on Tuesday, April 15, in the Hunter Welcome Center. The awards dinner will take place from 6-8:30 p.m., beginning with an exhibit hall of the business ideas from this year's competition. Tickets may be purchased online at www.acu.edu/griggscenter. Individual tickets are $15; tables are available for $150.
Vision in Action
Watch the video above to witness the future of Abilene Christian University taking shape.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU