The degree is a 30-hour program that can be completed in one year by students with an undergraduate degree in accounting. Students with other business degrees and students without business degrees could expect to complete the program in two to three years.
Requirements for the degree are:
1. Required Accounting core (9 hours):
- MACC 610 Advanced Topics in Financial Accounting and Reporting (3)
- MACC 619 Accounting Research (3)
- MACC 622 Ethics and the Accounting Profession (3)
2. Elective courses (15 hours)
- MACC 603 Contemporary Issues in Accounting Theory (3)
- MACC 604 Entity Tax Fundamentals (3)
- MACC 605 Financial Statement Analysis (3)
- MACC 609 Advanced Auditing (3)
- MACC 611 Accounting for Governmental and Non-Profit Entities (3)
- MACC 617 Fraud Examination (3)
- MACC 621 Advanced Financial Management (3)
- MACC 624 Advanced Accounting Information Systems (3)
3. Graduate (non-COBA) electives (6 hours): consult with advisor.