- About COBA
- Faculty & Staff
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Accountancy
- Student Opportunities
- COBA Events
- COBA Stats and Facts
- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
Leadership Summit 2017
Leadership Summit is a January short course that takes place during winter break in the mountains of Colorado on January 7-13, 2017. This unique opportunity offers a blend of dynamic speakers, practical application, and spiritual insight, all designed to equip students for leadership in the family, in their community, and in the marketplace.
World-Renowned Guest Speakers
A unique aspect of Leadership Summit is the opportunity for students to hear from great speakers and get to know them as individuals. In fact, students are able to spend time talking with speakers one-on-one and share meals with them.
The 2017 speaker line-up will include:
- Rick Atchley: Senior Teaching Minister at the Hills Church, North Richland Hills, TX, and author of the books, Back to the Father: Crossing the Bridge of Forgiveness Without Burning It Behind You (1994), What Men Need to Hear: Becoming God's Spiritual Leader Through Moral Strength (2001), Sinai Summit: Meeting God with Our Character Crisis (2003), and Together Again (2006).
- Carey Casey: Ambassador for Fathers with the Kansas City-based National Center for Fathering (NCF) and author of the book Championship Fathering: How to Win at Being a Dad (2009).
- Wendy Davidson: President of U.S. Specialty Channels at Kellogg Company
- Mike Haley: Long-time Leadership Summit speaker and author
- Elise Mitchell: Founder and CEO, Mitchell Communications Group and CEO, Dentsu Aegis Public Relations Network and author of Leading Through the Turn: How a Journey Mindset Can Help Leaders Find Success and Significance (2017).
- Tim Goeglein: Vice President for External Relations at Focus on the Family and a Senior Fellow at The Heritage Foundation in Washington. Author of The Man in the Middle: An Inside Account of Faith and Politics in the George W. Bush Era (2011).
- Chad Hennings: Former American football defensive tackle for the Air Force Academy Falcons and Dallas Cowboys, Chad is currently engaged in motivational speaking, commercial real estate, and philanthropy. He is also the author of 3 books, Forces of Character (2015), Rules of Engagement (2011), and It Takes Commitment (1996).
- John Stonestreet: Speaker and fellow of the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview, co-host of Break Point, the voice of The Point, Senior Content Advisor for Summit Ministries, and co-author of Making Sense of Your World: A Biblical Worldview (2008)
- Mike Willoughby: Chief Executive Officer, PFSweb.
Read more about Leadership Summit in these blog posts written by a student who attended.
Leadership Summit is held at the beautiful Frontier Ranch, one of the best kept secrets in the Rocky Mountains. The unique combination of breathtaking vistas, wonderful amenities, game room, ropes course, hot springs pool and the treetop swing affectionately named “the Screamer” all make Frontier Ranch the ideal setting for Leadership Summit.
What Students Are Saying
Madeline Dayton, sophomore Global Studies major attended Leadership Summit this past January. Madeline said, "I would recommend for students to participate in Leadership Summit because it taught me that EVERY person is called to be a Godly leader using their own strengths and talents. And the best part is I met other students at the conference who had realized that calling as well and stepped up to it to make the world a better place." Senior Accounting major, Morgan Jennings, added, "Leadership Summit is so much more than a fun trip to the mountains with your friends. You will meet and learn from some incredible Christian business leaders, and you'll get to know other students you might not have known before. You have to give the class and coursework your full attention and focus for a short period of time - it's a highly concentrated dose of information. In the end, it's all worth it - you gain a new perspective on leadership, the professional world, and yourself." Many of our students, like Madeline and Morgan, say that Leadership Summit is one of the most transformational experiences they have had at ACU. We would love for you to join us at Leadership Summit 2017!
- Leadership Summit 2017 will be held January 7-13, 2017.
- Interest meetings will be held on Sept. 20, Oct. 5, and Oct. 20, 2016 in MBB room 216 from 11-11:50am. Students will be advised of interest meetings through our COBA newsletter, social media, and the digital screens throughout Mabee Business Building.
- Cost for Leadership Summit is $700 for the program fee and $450 if the student chooses the optional travel package (roundtrip airfare from DFW to COS, including a bus shuttle from COS to Frontier Ranch). Deposits are $100 for the program fee and $100 for the travel package.
- You do not need to be a business major to attend.
- No business pre-requisites are required to attend.
- 3 hour course credit is given for BUSA 435 Christian Leadership Perspectives.
The class has limited enrollment. Students will be admitted on a first-come basis and must be in good standing with ACU. To begin the application process, please click on the enrollment application link below and follow the detailed instructions found there.
If you wish to audit the class, you must complete an audit form in the Registrar’s Office.
For more information, call 325-674-4812 or email M.C. Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distinguished Speakers Series
We're excited to host Brett Biggs, executive vice president and chief financial officer for Walmart, as COBA’s Fall 2016 Distinguished Speaker.
Join us on October 25 for the Distinguished Speaker Series luncheon beginning at 11:45 am in the Hunter Welcome Center. To learn more about the event, click on this link. To purchase tickets, please click on this link. If you have questions about the event, please email M.C. Jennings at email@example.com.