Teachers don't make a difference in the classroom; they are the difference in the classroom. In ACU's Department of Teacher Education, you will be prepared to impact lives for eternity as you teach children and youth.
Did you know...
- At ACU, we are committed to integrating faith into every aspect of the Teacher Education program, and we prepare teachers to do the same.
- 100% of all May 2015 graduates in all teaching fields were employed in their field for the 2015-16school year.
- 100% of ACU's Early Childhood through 6th Grade certification candidates passed the required TExES exams for certification on their first attempt in 2014-15. In contrast, the initial statewide passing rate for all examinees in the state was just 66.5% for the Generalist EC-6 TExES for the 2013-2014 year.
- The ACU Teacher Education Program is nationally accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
- ACU's Summary Pass Rate is 100% for Title II reporting for 2013-14, 95% for 2012-13, and 99% for 2011-12,
- ACU offers 16 certification degree plans along with supplemental certifications in Special Education and English as a Second Language.
- We offer a one-year Graduate program for current ACU students who have not completed initial certification.
Sarah Peters ('12) | Teacher Education
"I knew I wanted to work with kids with special needs, and education seemed a good way to do that."
Serving Local Schools
Masters of Education in Teaching and Learning
The Master of Education in Teaching and Learning is a one-year master's program designed for ACU students who will complete a bachelor's degree in Education
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- Online Graduate Programs
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges
- ACU renewed as Apple Distinguished Program
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Abound
- ACU en Español
- Follow ACU on Twitter
- University news, events and fun!