- Why ACU Theatre?
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Opportunities
- Abilene Shakespeare Festival
- Lights Up! (Donate here)
- Future Students
- Single & Season Tickets
- Contact Us
Directing Track (BFA)
Students in the Directing track receive specialized training in directing, as well as grounding in the elements (technical theatre, playwriting, acting, stage management, dramaturgy) comprising a production. Coursework and practical application teach Directing majors how to explore their own vision of a particular piece and then bring it to fruition.
- Faculty mentors: Adam Hester, Dawne Swearingen
- Sample classes: Beginning and Advanced Directing; Musical Theatre Directing Workshop; Voice and Diction; Movement for the Stage; Intermediate Acting; Playwriting; Lighting; Theatre Management; Educational Theatre.
- Opportunities at ACU: Submitting proposals to direct faculty-designated and Studio Premiere shows, dramaturgy, stage management and portfolio presentations.
- Jobs in this area: Director, casting director, dramaturge, stage manager, playwright, director of high school theatre program, teacher (secondary, college and graduate level), theatre manager.
- Meet a major:
- Get started: Set up an interview to be admitted on the Directing track!