- Why ACU Theatre?
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Opportunities
- Abilene Shakespeare Festival
- Lights Up! (Donate here)
- Future Students
- Single & Season Tickets
- Contact Us
Acting Track (BFA)
Students in this track receive specialized training in various aspects of acting. Coursework, performance in directing scenes, audition proficiency and Mainstage and Studio roles combine to hone students' approach to character and acting technique.
- Faculty mentors: Adam Hester, Dawne Swearingen
- Sample classes: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Acting; Voice and Diction; Movement for the Stage; Improv; Acting Styles; Stanislavski/Method Acting; Auditioning.
- Opportunities at ACU: Casting priority for Mainstage and Studio productions as well as roles in student directing scenes both within and outside class requirements, touring schools with Young Audiences.
- Jobs in this area: Stage or film actor, acting teacher (secondary, college and graduate level), acting coach.
- Meet a major:
- Get started: Set up an audition to be admitted on the Acting track!