After Zoey: August 19-21, 26-28, 2016
Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
Man of La Mancha | Homecoming Musical
Written by Dale Wasserman
Music by Mitch Leigh
Lyrics by Joe Darion
Original Production Staged by Albert Marre
Originally Produced by Albert W. Selden and Hal James
Directed by Jesse Galvan
“To dream the impossible dream …”
A celebrated Broadway hit and winner of five Tony Awards, Man of La Mancha will leave you breathless with a score that includes the touching ode to romance “Dulcinea” and the heroic “I, Don Quixote.” Inspired by one of the greatest novels of all time, Man of La Mancha features Miguel de Cervantes and his faithful servant. Together they channel the power of storytelling to recount the legend of knight errant Don Quixote and his trusty sidekick, Sancho, as they embark on a journey full of laughter, love and unruly windmills. His quest dares everyone to dream “The Impossible Dream.”
October 21-22, 2016, at 8 p.m.
October 23, 2016, at 2 p.m.
Abilene Civic Center
Recommended for ages 10 and older
Alex Organ ('03) is currently performing in Dallas Theater Center's production of Constellations receiving rave reviews. Watch an interview with him about the production at: www.youtube.com.
- Ben Jeffrey ('06) joined the cast of Aladdin on Broadway, covering the role of Babkak earlier this summer. He is now returning to The Lion King on Broadway in his role of Pumbaa.
- Sara Williams ('16), Alyssa Cavazos ('16), Lauren Fertig ('16) were all in a workshop production of Cymbeline in NYC
- Kat Hargrave ('11) will be returning to Hong Kong in October as a performer at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Peter Hargrave ('12) worked at Texas Shakespeare Festival this summer as Lorenzo in The Merchant of Venice.
- Tommy Chavira ('07) appeared on Showtime's Shameless.
Emmy-nominated Production Designer Nelson Coates
Just Jazz: September 17, at 7:30 p.m.
Man of La Mancha: October 21-23, 2016
The Dream of the Burning Boy: November 14-19, 2016
To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday: February 10-12, 17-19, 2017
The Mountaintop: March 2-4, 2017
Peter and the Starcatcher: April 21-23, 28-30, 2017