Williams Performing Arts Center
The 92,000-square-foot WPAC is the second largest building on campus and one of the top performance venues among colleges and universities in the Southwest. It was part of the $100 million "To Lead and To Serve" campaign that raised more than $114 million for ACU.
Designed to be the home of ACU's departments of music and theatre, it includes:
- The Lewis and Jerry Fulks Theatre
- The Clara and James Culp Theatre
- A 282-seat Recital Hall that is acoustically "tuneable" to accommodate the performing artist(s) and number of patrons.
- The Empty Space, a multi-purpose rehearsal space that can serves as a dance studio, a classroom and a student workplace.
- Spacious, modern dressing rooms and laundry rooms
- Large instrument and choral rehearsal halls
- A computer lab featuring Macs, PCs, and 16 electronic pianos
- Forty-four acoustically treated practice rooms and faculty studios
- Faculty offices and meeting rooms
- State-of-the-art classrooms
- Choral and band libraries
- A box office, courtyard and sculpture garden
- There is no better site for our annual Homecoming Musical than the Abilene Civic Center, a 2100-seat auditorium with modern fly, sound, and lighting systems.
- Established in 1929, Sewell Theatre on campus was the home of the ACU Dinner Theatre for many years. Sewell now functions as home base for scenic design and construction.
- The Firestation Theatre houses wardrobe storage.