Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
The Dream of the Burning Boy | Cornerstone Production
By David West Read
Directed by Dawne Meeks
“Deep into the darkness I dared to dream …”
In The Dream of the Burning Boy, the sudden death of a high-school overachiever exposes a secret that could destroy those left behind or bring them closer together. Since the death of his favorite student, high-school teacher Larry Morrow has been falling asleep at his desk and dreaming. The school’s guidance counselor hangs inspirational posters designed to help everyone “process their emotions” while the student’s sister and friends find little solace in their schoolwork. The Dream of the Burning Boy is a bittersweet story of choices made, opportunities lost and finding the strength to move on.
November 14-19 at 7:30 p.m.
Talkback every performance
Recommended for ages 13 and older
Jasmin Richardson ('09) was cast as Nicki Marron in Paper Mill Playhouse's production of The Bodyguard, starring Deborah Cox.
- Sara Williams ('16) will be the lead soloist on a 6-month cruise with AIDA Cruise Lines.
- Seth Womack ('13) is playing the romantic lead Fabrizio in the The Light in the Piazza at the Brick Road Theatre in Plano.
- Ben McLemore ('10) is currently in Moby Dick at Trouble Puppet Theatre in Austin.
- After Zoey: August 19-21, 26-28, 2016
- Just Jazz: September 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Man of La Mancha: October 21-23, 2016
- The Dream of the Burning Boy: November 14-19, 2016
- To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday: February 10-12, 17-19, 2017
- The Mountaintop: March 2-4, 2017
- Peter and the Starcatcher: April 21-23, 28-30, 2017