Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
The Mountaintop | Studio Premiere
By Katori Hall
“I have a dream...”
Set in Memphis’ Lorraine Motel just hours before the civil rights leader was assassinated, The Mountaintop presents Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as a very human man, stripped of the mountains of mythology now woven into his remembrance. This recent Broadway hit and the 2010 winner of Britain’s Olivier Award for Best New Play crackles with metaphysical magical realism. The Mountaintop throws lightning bolts of insight upon our societal strengths and frailties and our own personal accomplishments and failings as, with King, we ponder the cost of what we contribute and the legacy of what we leave behind.
March 2-4 at 7:30 p.m.
Talkback every performance
Recommended for ages 16 and older
Ben Jeffrey ('06) recently appeared on the television series "Madam Secretary" starring Téa Leoni.
- Sara Williams ('16) will be the lead soloist on a 6-month cruise with AIDA Cruise Lines.
- Seth Womack ('13) is playing the romantic lead Fabrizio in the The Light in the Piazza at the Brick Road Theatre in Plano.
- Ben McLemore ('10) is currently in Moby Dick at Trouble Puppet Theatre in Austin.
To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday Trailer
- After Zoey: August 19-21, 26-28, 2016
- Just Jazz: September 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Man of La Mancha: October 21-23, 2016
- The Dream of the Burning Boy: November 14-19, 2016
- To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday: February 10-12, 17-19, 2017
- The Mountaintop: March 2-4, 2017
- Peter and the Starcatcher: April 21-23, 28-30, 2017