Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday | Winter Romance
By Michael Brady
Directed by Dawne Meeks
“A dream you dream alone is only a dream …”
David loves his wife, Gillian. Unfortunately, she died two years ago. David deals with his grief by continuing his romance with her “ghost” during walks on the beach at night. While David lives in the past, his daughter, Rachel, is trying to cope with the present. A surprise visitor brings the unexpected for both David and Rachel in this touching, wise and humorous romance.
February 10-12, 17-19, 2017
Culp Theatre, 7:30 p.m.
Talkback on February 17
Dinner option on February 11
Recommended for ages 10 and older
Eean Cochran ('15) is cast in Disney's Freaky Friday starring Heidi Blickenstaff with music by Tom Kitt and lyrics by Brian Yorkey opening January 31 at the La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego.
- Sara Williams ('16) will be the lead soloist on a 6-month cruise with AIDA Cruise Lines.
- Seth Womack ('13) is playing the romantic lead Fabrizio in the The Light in the Piazza at the Brick Road Theatre in Plano.
- Ben McLemore ('10) is currently in Moby Dick at Trouble Puppet Theatre in Austin.
- After Zoey: August 19-21, 26-28, 2016
- Just Jazz: September 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Man of La Mancha: October 21-23, 2016
- The Dream of the Burning Boy: November 14-19, 2016
- To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday: February 10-12, 17-19, 2017
- The Mountaintop: March 2-4, 2017
- Peter and the Starcatcher: April 21-23, 28-30, 2017