Welcome to the International Student Services office in the Center for International Education (CIE) at ACU! Numerous services are provided to all students at ACU, including the ones listed here. In addition, the CIE provides services specific to international students including, but not limited to, the ones listed below. We are happy to serve you in any way that we can!
Complimentary Airport Pick-up
- Our office provides complimentary airport pick-up from the Abilene Regional Airport (ABI) for all newly arriving students who need this service if we are provided with all flight and arrival information. Please note that we do not provide this service at any other airports, and remember that this service is available only to new students, not to returning students. Whether you need to be picked up from the airport or not, please enter all flight and arrival information into our online form.
Passport and Welcome Week/Weekend
- Passport and Welcome Week/Weekend are programs that all new undergraduate and ESL students are strongly encouraged to attend. These are orientation programs for all new undergraduate students at ACU, both international and American, and they introduce students to many aspects of life at ACU, provide answers to numerous questions students have, and offer wonderful opportunities for meeting other new students as well as faculty and staff members. For more information on these programs, please see the First-Year Program website. The Center for International Education at ACU also hosts a required orientation session at the beginning of each long semester for all new international students. You will be receiving more information about this orientation via email, and we will look forward to seeing you there!
On-Campus Housing for ACU Students
- On-campus housing for ACU students is provided through residence halls (for first- and second-year students) and in University Park Apartments for students who are in or beyond their third year of college, are 21 or older, or have been out of high school for two or more years. For ACU's full housing policy and information on residence halls, see ACU's Residence Life Education and Housing website. For information on University Park Apartments, take a look at their website. Students who are eligible to live off-campus are also welcome to live in houses or apartments away from campus but are responsible for arranging this housing themselves.
- Please note that University Park typically provides a small discount to international students. Also, if you are interested in setting up a new lease with University Park, you are welcome to do that through our office (email Leanne Moore at email@example.com) rather than online.
- ACU hosts a variety of activities for students, and there are numerous on-campus organizations in which students can be involved. A list of these organizations can be accessed online. An organization in which many international students at ACU are involved is the International Students' Association. Membership in this group is open, and both international and American students are welcome to join. ISA hosts numerous activities, including an annual Culture Show, coffee houses, an annual spring trip, weekly chapel meetings, etc. We encourage all students to get involved in ISA and other organizations and activities. Participating is a great way to improve your English skills and to get to know other students!
The International Student Services office provides additional services not mentioned here and is happy to help you with your needs and questions. Please contact us or come by to visit and let us know how we can help make your time here the best it can be!
Request an Appointment
Sign up for an appointment with the staff of the Center for International Education.