For Applicants of the Advanced Standing Program:
Advanced Standing students with a recent BSW degree from a program accredited by the CSWE are admitted in June. Applications received by February 16 will receive early review, priority for scholarships, graduate assistantships and field practicum sites. Applicants who completed the BSW more than five years ago are eligible for Advanced Standing only if they are employed in the field of social services.
- Send us your completed application documents. For a detailed list of requirement, see below;
- Take the GRE, if required, and request that your official scores be sent to ACU. Our GRE code is 6001. For more information visit ets.org/gre.
For Applicants of the Standard Program:
While the Standard Program accepts students with a bachelor’s degree in any field, students are expected to demonstrate a broad liberal arts background, including two courses from each of the following areas: science/math, social/behavioral sciences, humanities/fine arts, and communication/language. To see if a specific course qualifies for the liberal arts background requirement, please contact the School of Social Work office. A course in statistics is highly desirable. Applications for the Standard Program are accepted for fall admission.
Admission requirements for the any programs in the School of Social Work are as follows:
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA; If undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, the GRE or MAT entrance exam is required;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- A writing sample must be a personal statement addressing your motivation for graduate studies and entering the social work profession, and reflections on the four themes of the School of Social Work—evidence-based practice, God’s gift of diversity, faith and social work, and social justice.
For questions regarding the program, admissions requirements, or the application process, please contact Graduate Admissions at 800-460-6228 or email@example.com.
Application materials should be sent to:
Abilene Christian University
ACU Box 29140
Abilene, Texas 79699-9140