Admission decisions are made on a competitive basis. The admission requirements for any of the graduate psychology degree programs are as follows:
- Complete an online Graduate School application;
- Pay the $50 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- Unconditional admission requires an undergraduate GPA of 3.5-4.0. If an applicant meets all other requirements and has an undergraduate GPA of 3.0-3.49, he/she may be admitted on probation. The condition of probation means that the applicant must make a final grade of B or above in each of the first 4 courses required in his/her program. Failure to do so will result in suspension from the program;
- Three letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application)
- At least two must be from psychology faculty or psychologists who are familiar with the applicant’s academic work;
- Completion of at least 12 undergraduate semester hours in psychology including: statistics, experimental psychology, abnormal psychology and 3 additional hours that may be physiological, developmental psychology, cognition, or principles of learning or an acceptable substitute. The applicant must have made a grade of B or higher in each of the prerequisite courses. Prerequisites must be completed prior to enrolling in graduate program courses; they may not be taken concurrently;
- A written statement (600-800 words) describing professional goals, interests and reasons for choosing to enter the psychology program at ACU.
- Because all professional psychology programs require students to provide services to clients in practicum sites, non-native speakers of English must pass an interview with two ACU psychology department faculty to establish that the applicant has sufficient skills in English and American culture to provide services to clients in practicum settings;
- International applicants also must meet the University's English language test requirements.
The Department of Psychology does not consider the GRE or other test as part of its admission requirements
- Complete an online application to the ACU Graduate School and pay the application fee.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges attended. If you are still enrolled in an undergraduate program, send us your unofficial transcripts so we can begin reviewing your application.
- Send us your completed application documents. For a detailed list of requirement, see above.