A cohort of 22 students will be accepted from a pool of applications submitted by recent graduates of accredited undergraduate programs. These positions will be determined based on the level of qualification of each student.
- Complete an online Graduate School application;
- Pay the $50 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous college work (official means an original with the seal that comes directly from the issuing institution to ACU). The transcript must indicate a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Admissions are made on the assumption that applicants will have the bachelor's degree by the time of matriculation, and if not, the Graduate School admission is void;
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate approximate 3.00 and a minimum prerequisite GPA to 3.25
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a clinician who has observed the student). Recommendation forms should be submitted through the online application;
- Applicants must have performed a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer/observation activity in an OT setting. Applicants are encouraged to complete observation hours in more than one clinical setting. Applicants should download and complete the Occupational Therapy observation hours form;
- Applicants must achieve acceptable evaluations on interviews by a panel of OT faculty and practitioners;
- Applicants must complete an essay as part of the application process. ACU requires occupational therapy applicant to submit a 2-3 page, double spaced personal essay regarding your interest in and journey towards the field of occupational therapy. Your essay should include: spiritual and/or life experiences that influenced your decision to apply to occupational therapy school, and clinical experience or observation that evoked passion about occupational therapy.
*Note: The acceptance threshold may be higher due to the competitive nature of acceptance.
Students are admitted once per year and begin their program of study in the Fall semester;
- The application deadline for the Occupational Therapy program is April 1st. Completed applications received by November 15th, will receive priority consideration. Acceptance into the program will be granted by May 1.