Admission to the program is on a competitive basis. The admission requirements for the M.S. in Occupational Therapy are:
- Complete an online application.
- Pay a $50 application fee.
- Submit official transcripts in English (or translated to English) of all previous college work (official means an original with the seal that comes directly from the issuing institution to ACU). The transcript must indicate a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Admissions are made on the assumption that applicants will have the bachelor’s degree by the time of matriculation, and if not, the Graduate School admission is void
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate approximate 3.0 and a minimum prerequisite GPA to 3.25.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants must have performed a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer/observation activity in an OT setting.
- Applicants must achieve acceptable evaluations on interviews by a panel of OT faculty and practitioners.
- Applicants must complete an essay as part of the application process. The essay should be two to three pages, double space, and should describe your interest in and journey toward the field of Occupational Therapy. The essay can include but is not limited to personal experiences, faith experiences, and/or clinical observations that have influenced your decision to apply to Occupational Therapy school at ACU.