The admission requirements for the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy with an emphasis in Medical Family Therapy are:
- Complete an online Graduate School application;
- Pay the $50 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
- A minimum GRE score of 280;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A written purpose statement which describes why the applicant wishes to study marriage and family therapy at ACU and what he or she plans to do professionally upon graduation;
- Psychological testing;
- Completion of a psychosocial history;
- A quality of life that reflects high moral standards;
- An on-campus interview with the faculty. The personal interview for applicants residing outside the continental United States can be done via telephone, Skype, or Google Chat.
When all required materials are assembled, the application will be reviewed by the MFT faculty. Students are admitted once a year and begin their program of study in the fall semester. All application materials MUST be completed by February 15 for the fall semester. The GRE and personal interviews MUST be completed by March 15. The personal interviews will be held March 7-9. Acceptance into the program will be granted by April 1.
No specific undergraduate major is essential for admission. Applicants are encouraged to have undergraduate credit in subjects that embrace human development, family relations, theology, sociology, psychology and statistics.
For questions regarding the program, admissions requirements, or the application process, please contact Graduate Admissions at 800-460-6228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials should be sent to:
Abilene Christian University
ACU Box 29140
Abilene, Texas 79699-9140