Students successfully completing this emphasis track may be eligible to become a candidate for principal certification in Texas and other states. Students are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate state department of education for more information.
Course Requirements (Degree Plan 30 hours):
Core (15 hours)
- EDUC 683 Implementing Continuous Improvement
- EDUC 684 Learning Challenge
- EDUC 686 Reframing Learning
- EDUC 687 Managing Data
- EDUC 688 Learning Environment
Principal Leadership (15 hours)
- EDUC 621 Overcoming Learning Barriers
- EDUC 680 Allocating Resources
- EDUC 681 School Culture
- EDUC 682 School Law & Ethics
- EDUC 660 Practicum/Capstone (The practicum requires documentation of 160 hours of administrative activities plus, for students seeking Texas certification, a minimum of 3 site visits. The practicum must be completed in one calendar year after completion of the last course.)
*Students are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate state department of education for more information.
For assistance deciding which program is right for you, request information, or speak with an enrollment advisor by calling 877-698-2793. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.