The admission requirements for the Education program are as follows:
- Complete an online Graduate School application;
- Pay the $50 application fee;
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in education or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university or comparable non-U.S. university (see specific department for any additions or exceptions);
- Submit official transcripts showing all previous college work;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
- Submit a current resume;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Submit a purpose statement (two pages, double spaced) including philosophy of education;
- An official document indicating current employment, or minimum of two years of teaching experience in an accredited EC - 12 public or private school. (Official documents include: (1) a current valid teaching certificate from any state in the United States, (2) an official service record from a school district/system or state department of education indicating current employment or two years of teaching service, (3) other official documents approved by the program director);
- Have access to an accredited EC-12 school classroom and school district/system.
*Students who successfully complete this degree plan may be eligible to become a candidate for principal certification in Texas. Candidates for principal certification from states other than Texas are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate state department of education for more information regarding certification requirements.