About the Program
The Department of Teacher Education offers a fifth-year Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Teaching and Learning. This degree is available to high-performing teacher candidates completing their initial Texas teacher certification program through Abilene Christian University. Candidates will matriculate into the program in the final spring semester of their undergraduate program.
Why a Fifth-Year Master’s at ACU?
- The fifth-year Master’s in Teaching and Learning includes an emphasis on inquiry-based practice, providing teacher candidates with the critical thinking and research skills needed to make instructional decisions informed by valid assessment data.
- Students participate in a year-long student teaching residency, providing them with extensive hands-on experience.
- The degree equips candidates to meet the needs of diverse student populations through placements in high-needs schools and classrooms.
- The fifth-year Master’s provides the knowledge and credentialing necessary to serve in various curriculum leadership roles in schools.
- In addition to the primary certification, the fifth-year Master’s in Teaching and Learning includes the supplemental Texas certification in special education making these teacher candidates highly competitive in today’s market.