- Prospective Students
- Application Deadlines
- Financial Aid
- Request Information
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Achievement Criteria
- Apply Online
- Contact the Department
Admission to the program is on a competitive basis. The admission requirements for the MMFT are:
- Complete an online Graduate School application;
- Pay the $50 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent. If you attended a college or university located outside of the United States, a transcript evaluation by World Education Services is required;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
- A minimum GRE score of 280;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A written purpose statement declaring why the applicant wishes to study marriage and family therapy at ACU and what he or she plans to do professionally upon graduation;
- Complete the psychosocial history form;
- A quality of life that reflects high moral standards; and
- An on-campus interview with the faculty. The personal interview for applicants residing outside the continental United States can be done via telephone, Skype, or Google Chat.
- Complete an online application to the ACU Graduate School and pay the application fee.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges attended. If you are still enrolled in an undergraduate program, send us your unofficial transcripts so we can begin reviewing your application.
- Send us your completed application documents. For a detailed list of requirement, see above.
- Take the GRE and request that your official scores be sent to ACU. Our GRE code is 6001. For more information visit ets.org/gre.
When all required materials are assembled, the application will be reviewed by the MFT faculty. Students are admitted once a year and begin their program of study in the fall semester. All application materials MUST be completed by February 15 for the fall semester. The GRE and personal interviews MUST be completed by March 15. Acceptance into the program will be granted by April 1.
No specific undergraduate major is essential for admission. Applicants are encouraged to have undergraduate credit in subjects that embrace human development, family relations, theology, sociology, psychology and statistics.
For questions regarding the program, admissions requirements, or the application process, please contact Graduate Admissions at 800-460-6228 or email@example.com.
Application materials should be sent to:
Abilene Christian University
ACU Box 29140
Abilene, Texas 79699-9140