Dale Bertram, Ph.D., LMFT
Department Chair and Program Director
- PhD (1995)-Family Therapy, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Med (1991)-General Counseling, The College of Idaho, Caldwell, ID
- MA (1983)-Religion, Eastern New Mexico University, Portales, NM
- BA (1981)-Religion & Speech Communication, Eastern New Mexico University, Portales, NM
- BMFT 641 Family Therapy I
- BMFT 645 Marital and Family Assessment
- BMFT 634 Addictive Disorders
- BMFT 651 Sex Therapy
- BMFT 665 Family Therapy across the Life Cycle
Dr. Dale E. Bertram is a Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy in the Department of Marriage and Family Studies. Dale’s approach to teaching and clinical supervision is to invite students to expand their abilities to transform theory into practice. He also enjoys helping students expand their comfort in working with difficult and challenging cases. Dale’s primary research interest is in the rhetorical aspects of family therapy dialogue, an area in which he has published several journal articles. He also enjoys working with a team of students each year in the “rhetoric of family therapy” research project. Dale also conducts research related to distance education, online therapy, and online supervision. He has published in Family Process, Contemporary Family Therapy, Family Therapy Magazine, and other journals. Additionally, he is in the final stages of completing a book related to Ericksonian clinical supervision. Dale frequently presents at state, national, and international conferences, as well as providing online workshops and seminars.
Dale is a Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. Dale has been married to Norma since 1989. Norma works at Hendrick Medical Center as an R.N. They have three children. Robert is a student in the Graduate School of Theology at ACU. Dale Allan is a student at the Culinary Institute at Texas State Technical College. Sarah is a sophomore at Abilene Christian University. Dale and Norma are members of the Hamby Church of Christ.