Admission requirements for the M.A. in Communication are as follows:
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A satisfactory GRE score;
- An essay describing their purpose for pursuing a graduate degree in communication;
- A writing sample representing high quality work (e.g. term paper).
- Complete an online application to the ACU Graduate School and pay the application fee.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges attended. If you are still enrolled in an undergraduate program, send us your unofficial transcripts so we can begin reviewing your application.
- Send us your completed application documents. For a detailed list of requirement, see above.
- Take the GRE and request that your official scores be sent to ACU. Our GRE code is 6001. For more information visit ets.org/gre.
The communication degree requires a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants normally must have completed at least 18 hours in communication. Consideration is given to hours earned in related areas.
For questions regarding the program, admissions requirements, or the application process, please contact Graduate Admissions at 800-460-6228 or email@example.com.
Application materials should be sent to:
Abilene Christian University
ACU Box 29140
Abilene, Texas 79699-9140