Enrollment is limited to applicants who will be full-time students. The admission requirements for the MS program in communication sciences and disorders are:
- Complete an online Graduate School application;
- Pay the $50 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
- A minimum GRE score of 288 (combined verbal and quantitative);
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two of the recommendation letters must come from professionals in the field and relate to the applicant's potential academic success) The applicant may utilize the rating forms supplied by the Graduate School;
- Writing sample in the form of a letter of intent or purpose statement;
- A current resume that includes information regarding: college education and activities to date, employment to date, and community/church involvement. High school activities should not be included;
- A two-year commitment is required from all applicants.
All application materials must be received by the preceding February 1st for the fall semester. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. An application is considered incomplete if any of the required elements have not been received by the Graduate School, including GRE scores.
When all the required materials are assembled, the application will be reviewed by the CSD faculty. A personal interview may be required. If an interview is requested, additional information as to the nature of the interview will be provided at that time.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Admissions Committee makes holistic judgments based on the evaluation of an applicant’s ability and readiness for graduate work. In conjunction with the Graduate School, the Committee may recommend conditional admission for an applicant who does not meet all admission criteria.
- Complete an online application to the ACU Graduate School and pay the application fee.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges attended. If you are still enrolled in an undergraduate program, send us your unofficial transcripts so we can begin reviewing your application.
- Send us your completed application documents. For a detailed list of requirement, see above.
- Take the GRE and request that your official scores be sent to ACU. Our GRE code is 6001. For more information visit ets.org/gre.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview.
For questions regarding the program, admissions requirements, or the application process, please contact Graduate Admissions at 800-460-6228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials should be sent to:
Abilene Christian University
ACU Box 29140
Abilene, Texas 79699-9140