All applicants applying to ACU after June 1, 2015 must apply online using the CSDCAS application process. All application materials should be submitted directly to CSDCAS.
Enrollment is limited to applicants who will be full-time students. The admission requirements for the MS program in communication sciences and disorders are:
- Complete the online application through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) Use Institution Code 1778;
- Pay the $50 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
- A minimum GRE score of 288 (combined verbal and quantitative);
- Three letters of recommendation;
- At least two of the recommendation letters must come from professionals in the field and relate to the applicant's potential academic success.;
- An two page purpose statement describing career goals, professional interests, and reasons for unconditional admission to enter the CSD program at ACU;
- A current resume that includes information regarding: college education and activities to date, employment to date, and community/church involvement. High school activities should not be included;
- A two-year commitment is required from all applicants.
All application materials must be received by the preceding February 1st for the Fall semester. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. An application is considered incomplete if any of the required elements have not been received by the Graduate School, including GRE scores.
When all the required materials are assembled, the application will be reviewed by the CSD faculty. A personal interview may be required. If an interview is requested, additional information as to the nature of the interview will be provided at that time.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Admissions Committee makes holistic judgments based on the evaluation of an applicant’s ability and readiness for graduate work. In conjunction with the Graduate School, the Committee may recommend conditional admission for an applicant who does not meet all admission criteria.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders program at Abilene Christian University participates in the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS). All applicants applying to ACU after June. 1, 2015 must apply online using the CSDCAS application process. Use Institution Code 1778.
It is recommended that applicants review the CSDCAS process before beginning an application. Learn about the CSDCAS application process at http://www.capcsd.org/csdcas/students.php.
Create an account and begin an application: https://portal.csdcas.org.
CSDCAS provides a Helpline:
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (Central Time)
For questions regarding the program, admissions requirements, or the application process, please contact Graduate Admissions at 800-460-6228 or email@example.com.